Tuesday, October 7, 2008

R.I.P Paulooooooo

Hey U,
Fish mockerel......... just wait till i see u again see the commotion u caused down ere ehn? U always had u a grand style, lol. Paul am trying to crack a joke but it does not seem right. Spoke to Danisah, he is a mess hon and we've been communicating back & forth i just wish i was there.
I just spoke to glory and we av been laughing at ur jokes and the way u hover over us like a plane to get ur stuff to u.
Ma'yaki u were a gem, ur kindness, ur sweetness, ur loyalty to ur friends sometimes i was amazed at.... Hmm Danisah just sent me a text said u caused a whole lot of traffic as they were going to lay u to REST, Paul ehn ur small self lol. U were loved and am happy U are at rest now in as much as it saddens me, we all r tapping into the energy around each other thanks to u.
Thank u my dear friend for the love, the support and the RESPECT, U respected me so much and even Danisah said so i am honored greatly at that. People bring out the best & worst out of people, archie u brought the best, the unabashed side of me, the energy around u was crazy.
I remember our love for alternative songs, i just updated my playlist and i knw ull av loved these 2 songs...... SCREAM by Chris Cornell and BROKEN by Lifehouse been listening to it since yday Broken makes me cry cuz i can imagine how ull av loved it and i remember the songs u made me love...... ILL BE WAITING by RASMUS, RUNAWAY by THE CORRS, that CD took its toll in my hostel then always playing it over & over.
U remember My School awards (ICON) where we danced to Beenie Man (DUDE) with mewo and yemi remember how we brought our dance hall moves to the awards, Paul u r the bum i miss u so so much. (Smiling) I remember that fateful xmas at kaghos with Emeka, Ezra, Toke , Orise we laughed our head off, or the one where ur tailors ran away and u had everyone calling u for delivery of their shirts, suits, and u came to take refuge in my house LOL, u were a case.
I also remember when u trimmed ur dreads and u had ur signature top i was so proud to be ur friend, all the rides to the G4 supermarket, sweet sensation, our evening talks about ur plans, fashion and my never ending story with all dem boys lol paul u taught me CONFIDENCE, u loved me with all my flaws cuz u never saw ANY with me i could not av asked for a better friend.
I remember our visit to Late Big V's place and how u were crushed by his death, sure ull be living it up there now huh?
I feel so selfish i av been thinking of my pain and i cant imagine how ur family wld be feeling , but Glory called and spoke to Idowu and he is just like u trying to lift up our spirits!!!!
Heard Kagho aint talking much i cant imagine what Frances is going thru but hey.. pls take care of ur bro K? I dont even want to think of louis and how he is coping, a man of few words ehn Paul see kai, alot off pple r hurting, my girl ifueko too i cant imagine what she is going thru and she has her hubby to take care of too.
Danisah is a cool dude and i cant imagine what he's going thru, he's just going over ur talks and plans of opening a banging joint in Lagos and i trust u guys to make a STATEMENT, i feel for him ooo archie, he's been trying to stay strong for us all and when he sent me that mail i knew i was not alone but i promise to be the friend ull want me to have been to him i'm glad u had him cuz i wonder who wld av taken care of u with me gone.... lol.
Heard Henry is trying too, bro u need to console ur brothers k, i knw u wld in the best way u can.
Gotto go now k, need to get to work and maybe back to reality for sum pple wld say....but ill be back trust me and am kinda trying to get a tee with that ur pix ill see what dem Danisah can do for me. tk kr hon, love u much. xoxoxo
R.I.P ...Paul Taye Ma'yaki Okuo
Mola

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mennnnn....what can i say hon! We r both feeling the same way. Just spoke to my cousin who went for the stuff ( cant bring my self to say it)she said there where many tears...as expected but the reverned was good. cant beleiev my boo is no longer here. But Teju, let us wipe our tears. See how he brought us together. We are jisting like we have met. This is the kind of person our brother was. He has brought strangers togther because of the love he showed us. We both love him, but God loved him more. I wish i had stuck with him. I keep thinking that if we had not broken up maybe we'd be together and i'd have taken better care of him. And maybe he'd still be alive. So many what ifs and maybes. But i wish that i could turn back the nads of time and do things over. Maybe i'd have taken better care of him and then he'd still be here with me...with us. .....i dont even know what to say anymore...i'm all cried out

Glory

Chika said...

So sad...So touching.Stay strong sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm....Teju, I was there oooo....Taye- Mayaki...just been seeing his (smiley) face everywhere i go. I'ts so hard to believe, for me, even after the news of his death, it felt like Paul was only outta town....not until I saw that casket being lowered into the ground, that it dawned on me that OUR Paul has gone to rest....Infact, i felt all my energy leave at that cemetary that I couldn't make or recieve calls thru the day....Can't say much but REST WELL AT THE BOSSOM OF THE LORD....We love you but Our God loves you more. Take good care of you for me