Thursday, October 2, 2008

FAREWELL MY FRIEND " TAYE MA'YAKI


I am trying to take this all in, i am staring at my walls, and paul i can't seem to stop my eyes getting sore. U called me on sunday, was that u trying to tell me bye??? Y did u not tell me i guess i cant get answers now........... I am holding on to the set of jewelry u gave me as a gift as i left NIGERIA in o5 hmm so thats all i have of u????
Paul, Taye Mayaki was a survivor in every and any condition he found himself. I got to meet paul in 2002/2003 when we lived together In the famous 1004 Housing Estates.
He took to me just like i did him and we have been cool ever since, he was my brother and friend, he confided in me, he saw me as his ace when he needed one, ever jovial and full of life he never got offended at anyone and i can hardly remember anyone not liking him.
When he came around he was like the weird kid on the block with his hair locked like marley( lol), his sense of style, he always was a sucker for fashion and that led to the birth of his design TAYE MA'YAKI. Even the Polo stores of RALPH LAUREN wld miss u !!!!
He loved alternative music like i did, always had on a linkin park tee or Evanescence cap, his metallic accessories like his hand bands, chain belt was what set him apart.
I remember pple thinking he was crazy with his hair, it was a crazy one at that and i believe thats how we aced our friendship. I accepted him for who he was, cuz he would not change for anybody anyways......lol paul it seems like yesterday.
His family mattered and i saw first hand how much paul bursted his heart out to make sure all was well back home, taking care of his younger ones and as well as taking care of his friends down in Lagos. Paul was a very dependable friend and we all could not do without him.........
His friends were more than a phone network cuz paul was loved by all, his brothers ADAIGHO KAGHO & LOIS UZORKA , his girls, DAMIEN, GLORY & IFUEKO, they all were in school together with a whole lot of memories between each other..... I feel ur pain.
MAIKEL DANISAH.... ur bro is hurting paul, he's been a strong support to us all,
Mewo, Ebo .... its hard cuz he was family
Me....i cannot begin to say how much i want this to be a dream, its weird that pple r telling me its life, let go, he would want you to move on ......are u talking about paul okuo? we were on the phone dissing each other 2 weeks ago, and on sunday he just called to say hi, how wld i have know as each day goes by now.. paul wld be a memory.
Its hard, cuz the pain is not felt by the one who left but the ones u left behind,
Death came with its cold blooded hands and took u from us
I hurt more cuz am far away from u,
As u gasped for breath and struggled to fight till the end,
I would have fought with u,
Held u one last time.............
And tell u i love u and i know,
God's warm embrace awaits u at his gates.
ADIEU!!!

9 comments:

Kunta said...

I'm sorry about your friend T.
It is well

Teejay said...

thanks hon

Mide said...

Hi Tej, So sorry to hear abt the loss of ur friend... I can feel the raw emotion in ur write up.... It is well my sister... Grieve in which ever way you need to....I'm sure u'll find your way to move on with God's grace and love.

Mide!

Anonymous said...

Hey T....

Your tribute moved me sooo much. I dont even know what to write...i am in tears....

Glory

Anonymous said...

So so sorry for your loss Teju...The Lord is your strength!!...take care love!!

Anonymous said...

hey teju,

Am so sory about ur friend, am so moved that i feel like crying. Life is like a puzzle, it is so difficult to unravel. It is best not to ask questions, lets just take it as it unfolds.I felt ur pain thru this write up and i pray God in his mercies give u the fortitude to bear the loss. It is well!

Funmi Davies
a

Unknown said...

Hey Teju,

I was moved by your words and I am sorry about your loss.

When we lose someone we love, it seems that time stands still, though it's difficult today to see beyond the sorrow, may looking back in the memory shared help comfort you.

May God be with u in this difficult time..

Shale Olagbegi

EL3GG said...

Hey Coz.....Sorry bout ur loss!!! May the good Lord comfort you in this time.


Elegg

Dark n Stormy said...

Hi,
I met Taye when i was in Nigeria in August. He made 4 dresses for me and became a friend. I wear his 'designer' dresses now in NYC, where I work. :)

I am trying to find out what happened. Can you please shed any light for me?

Thank you.