Wednesday, July 23, 2008

AND I DARE TO COMPLAIN????

Hi y'all
Hope all is well on ur side of town? mine's good and we hope for better.....
So i was listening to my sis talking about the ESPY awards she watched last nite and how the miraculous story of NFL player KEVIN EVERETT touched her, it touched me beyond words of expression myself!!! He was trying to tackle another player almost 250 pounds and broke his neck, it was diagnosed he might not work again a 25 yr old youngster ....... i was short of words.
The ESPY awards yday hosted by Justin Timberlake presented him (KEVIN EVERETT) with the perseverance award and got a whole lot of people crying as they listened to what ill rather call his TESTIMONY instead of a STORY. He was told he might never walk again, he tried to reassure his friends, team and loved ones even in his misery and looked on to GOD.
I now sit down and look at myself and the fickle things i complain about when:
I have my neck on its spot,
My arms are able to stretch,
My legs are walking not a stick or chair,
I can see the beauty of Nature,
I can smell the rain,
I can hear my murmurs,
I can taste everything,
I am breathing with no aid just as the lord filled my lungs with air,
Yet i complain:
Am broke........... what about the beggars out there
Am big......... have u been to places like the Sudan or somalia where hunger is the order of the day,
Am single.......... do u know how many people scream for freedom from the prison of a marriage/relationship
I have too many friends.......... they make the world go round
I dont have any friends.........God might be trying to keep u from trouble
My parents are annoying................ If only u knew the % of children admiring ur life
My siblings are a pest.......................An only child's fantasy
I hate my job....................I am such a victim, have i checked the dailies to see people layed off or people under the bridges.
I hate my boss............. well u r still on the job, so hate him all u want

I can go on and on about things I complain or u complain about but it just hit me how UNGRATEFUL i had been not thanking God for all he has done for me, what he has saved me from and what he is orchestrating for me. I have people in worse situations than i am they still give God their praise how much more me?
I have almost everything no matter how much more i want, he is faithful when am not, he never gives up on me when i do on myself, he is the best friend ever now i wonder what is my problem???
Thank U dear lord for the GIFT OF LIFE

1 comment:

Kunta said...

In all things... we ought to be thankful.
How are you doing?