Friday, October 7, 2011

I DIDN'T KNOW MY OWN STRENGTH!!!!

2010 was an emotional roller coaster..............
Few knew my state of mind, heart and body
I was confused, depressed, empty and wanting
But I learned to numb each pain slowly
Mask my smile and act like all was good
A turn around came and it always does for me
I get to a point I open my windows and let the birds fly
Holding on to things, people when they dont want to be
Its the worst feeling ever...............
It was a year I was the most uncertain abt who I was
What my heart's content was, What beauty there was?
What sex appeal could be under this whole pile of mess ME
Its strange how the one person u wish saw ur beauty
Made u feel ugly inside out constantly................
But it gets to a point u make a decision to DO U
I had to walk away from people's expectations, thoughts
My heart's fear, my mind and the voices in my head.........
And just fall flat at God's feet, I needed HIS LOVE
Nothing else seemed to heal me but his (God)
I tried to see if I cld fill the pain but it never lasted........
When I gave up and had God take over *sigh*
It was the best thing I ever did, he broke me though.......
I had to go through it, take off all hanging threads of the past
And Dec 2010 I was into my own....................
I just had this new lease on life, attitude and said to myself
My happiness matters, its all about ME and NO ONE ELSE
2011 its been an amazing year so much to thank God for......
Graduated (MBA), turned 30 and never felt sexier and lovely
Making a mess of 3 yrs of my life but........
Today I own IT and more, no cliches............
N.B - I wld like to S/O to someone ere.......
Ur discipline and un phased attitude about life
Is real admirable cuz U never cave in to life
I wish u all d best and want u to know
U'll always be a fond one in my heart........
Doc
TejOsh

No comments: