Tuesday, June 23, 2009

UNREACHABLE by his grace


I woke up this day June 22, and got out of bed and mumbled sumtin in the likes of a prayer, had my shower and rushed off to work...got to work 9am and counting down to 5pm my daily routine for the week. On my desk at work , i spoke to my Dr. he called some prescriptions in for me and i decided 5 on the dot i had to be out ere to get on the bus home.
I got to the pharmacy for 5 quite alrite but for some weird reason my name was not in the system, the attendants were all with sum stank attitude ( i thot) and eventually wasted my time and finally had my order in .............the minds of human beings.
My friend called me from canada abt a train crash in the metro region of MD/DC which i commute everyday to and fro but thot it was maybe a fault or sumtin, how wrong was i my lil sis had gone on the train before the one that got crashed and i was arriving to board the next only to find out that GOD had saved us from an accident in and out 45mins.
I had friends call but did not knw how bad the crash was, spoke to my sis knowing she is ok got to fort totten around where it happened and found out that the trains had stopped commuting and we had to travel via shuttle buses, luckily i got on one and got home thanking God casually that we were alrite how ignorant?
I got on the internet and got on CNN.com only to see pictures of the crash, i had no idea how i got on the floor and started thanking God thru joy and tears WHAT????????? it was disastrous and the thought of me commuting that very track everyday for the past 3 yrs made me pause and wonder what audacity do i av that i cannot take time out in the morning to pray b4 i leave the house for protection "the things we take for granted".
I am grateful for the calls and just the loe around but mostly i am appreciative of God teaching me thru ydays incident that he has a purpose for me being alive, those who died or got injured r pple like me and i am no better than they are, my heart goes out to each one of them and the families of those who died including the driver of the latter train "may her soul rest in peace".
Bless u all and may the good lord continue to protect us as we step out everyday, lets make it a habit to say a prayer in whatever we do.
Peace always
Mola......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing works like a 'nearly' experience like that to put things in the right focus. Got a lot to be thankful for.....