Monday, November 1, 2010

DADDY'S PRINCESS

The floor was cold, the bars were colder......
It was dark, it was all too familiar its been 2 yrs
The lights went out, the whispers were like crickets
The night was long and lonely but his mind was blurred................
He felt the heat of moist trickle down his face.....
The knot in his chest tightened as he tried to breathe
He reached under his pillow for his flash light........
He pulled out her picture from his bible and there she was
His lil angel, her smile was beautiful and harmless....
He thot to himself...how do I make her understand?
What do I tell her, whats she been told?
Her father was sent to prison for trying to keep her alive!
So he decided to write and hoped one day soon enough
He would make her understand how love can make u do wrong......
DEAR LILY,
I loved you from the day I was told you were a seed growing
I loved the woman who carried you day in day out..........
I loved her more as she grew heavier and all swollen with you......
I smiled to the future and promised to bring heaven on earth to you both
Days turned to weeks and then to months, Ur mother birthed you.......
As I carried ur little being in my hands, I neva pictured a better moment.......
I thanked God for honouring me to watch over you here on earth...........
I thanked ur mum for the strength and courage to carry you all thru.........
I cannot be there for you now, an error in judgement brings this pain
As we journeyed home that day, thru the rain I had only one priority.....
To get my baby girl home safe to some warmth and ur mum to rest......
We approached an intersection but my focus was on you and ur mum
I ran a red light and hit a pedestrian, I felt the impact and rushed out......
A teenage boy was flat down bleeding from the side............
I was trying to pull over on the side of the road wen a cop showed up!!!
He saw me *escaping* but as I tried to explain my intentions it got heated......
He said I threatend him but all I did was raise my voice ..........
I raised my voice telling him u and ur mum needed to be safe
He got me in an arm twist and cuffed me, I was in a rage.................
I did nothing wrong, in all that anger I bumped his head and he fell flat........
I was charged with assualting an officer and intent to murder...............
The lil boy suffered injuries but was alive.....I wonder till this day what murder???
The cop was alive but gave a tainted account of the incident in court ............
I was brought in to defend myself but all my hope was gone wen dey took U!!!
So sweetheart, I am not evil I never meant to leave ur side but life aint fair.......
U and ur mum keep me going and I promise to get out real soon just for u!!!
Thank you for my father's day gift, ur bible is tucked under my pillow every night...
Love u princess, the candle is burning out but always knw my love would not.....
Daddy xoxoxoxo.

4 comments:

gretel said...

Mola,I'm speechless,this got to me real hard,may father,daughter and mother re-unite sooner than expected.
Really nice.

Teejay said...

Hey Gretel thanks babes! mwah! mwah! Its all fictional but i just tend to relate stories of people who have these words numbed in their heart and wish they cld speak out!....
Thank u so much for encouraging me

Myne said...

Nice writing and very real too, it's so emotional.

Teejay said...

Thanx a lot Myne I am walking ur line m'am :) U r an Inspiration